TK8 StickyNotes Version History
Feb 8, 2012
In this new version the Control Panel of TK8 StickyNotes is redesigned to allow easier color selection for your notes. The new Groups functionality allows you to work with specific group of notes better. Dozens of smaller improvements include right alignment text on the notes, default note settings for each group, program themes, etc. The feedback we have received confirms that although we have added functionality the program is now even easier to use.
Jun 10, 2011
TK8 StickyNotes 3.5 is available now. What's New:
- Quick Start Guide added
- Support for multiple monitors
- Backup and restore features
- "Check for Updates" command added to the About window
- Default font for all new notes is changed to Tahoma 10
- Issues with tag and skin associations are fixed
Jan 5, 2011
The bad news is that we cannot release the superb feature we were planning and prototyping. Maybe we can do that sometime in the future. But the good news is that you can download the version 3.4, which has the following:
- Empty notes are now deleted automatically when you close or hide notes
- "Hide all notes" command added to the right click menu
- Fixed: Error "Hotkeys already in use" when assigning new hotkeys.
- Fixed: When the new note was created with specific tag, the program used default skin color instead of the one assigned for this tag
Aug 25, 2010
We are still working hard to add one very useful and unique feature (which is still a secret). Unfortunately it takes much more time to implement than we expected. So to keep you happy we added another feature that is asked often - Recycle Bin. In case you delete the note by accident you can now restore it. Also, in case you are using non-standard screen resolution (dpi) then your notes should look much nicer now.
Mar 22, 2010
It has been only two months since our last release. But here we are again to announce the new version. Notable changes include:
- Unicode support. Everyone from China and Japan are now welcome!
- Find function. Now you can search text on the note (Ctrl-F)
- Quick overview of tags. Pop-up menu for the Show Notes button will now show the count of notes by each tag.
We have also fixed some inconveniences. For example when the new note is added it will not "jump" to the random location any more but is created directly to that location. And when the new note is created using the keyboard shortcut it is always active and ready for typing.
Our next version will take a bit longer to write than this one. But you'll see it was worth waiting for once you get it.
Jan 29, 2010
Our most serious fans probably know already that for a week or so the new version has been available. It has proven to be a reliable release and thus we are ready to announce it to the world.
Here is the full list of changes:
- Added program setting: "When closing the note, delete it (instead of saving it)"
- Added program start-up setting to show all notes or only those without tags (or not to show notes at all)
- In program settings you can now select whether the Show Notes button should show all notes or only those that are not tagged.
- Tags pop-up menu in Show Notes button has now an item "Without tags" that will show you only those notes that have no tags set
- Added option that will hide notes with other tags when you show notes with some specific tag
- In program settings you can now change the default font style for your notes.
- Notes are now automatically saved (even when you leave them open) when the program has not been in use for more than a minute
- Added some new translations (German, Swedish)
- Fixed: Notes and some windows were appearing on both screens (in between) with 2 monitor setup
To get the new version, please click here.
Any suggestions and ideas you might have are always welcome. Your feedback can really help us to make the program even better.
Oct 13, 2009
As our active fans have noticed, we have released several versions within past few months. TK8 StickyNotes is indeed available for the public now. But we prefer to keep it in beta for some time. There are some improvements we are working on and some unique features we want to implement before we announce the world.
Since the first silent release in August a bit more than ten thousand people have downloaded the software. That's a bit more than we expected so we are glad to see such popularity.
Compared to the very first release you can now collapse notes (double click on the header) and every collapsed note has a title. Also, you can re-size notes from any corner. In addition to website links you can now add links to your local files and programs.
There are also several improvements, most of them unseen. Although, one of the changes probably worth pointing out is that when you double click on the desktop icon and the program is already running it will bring up the Main Screen. It's a very convenient solution for Windows 7 where most icons in the Notification Area are hidden by default. Also, the menu that appears after you right click on the note will never appear outside the screen borders now.
With the help from our fans the program is now also available in Spanish and French.
That's all for now. As always, your feedback, suggestions and questions are welcome.
Public Version Finally Launched
Aug 11, 2009
We have just launched the new version to the public. Your feedback, suggestions and questions are welcome.
Jun 25, 2009
After so many years our sticky notes software is reborn. Since the first public launch in 2001 there has been only a few updates. As the software was so old we decided to rewrite it from scratch. As a norm with software applications it took a lot longer than we expected. Just because we really wanted to release the application with world class graphics and features. And stay easy-to-use at the same time.
Though this program has a long history, it has a new name. The old "TK8 EasyNotes" has been changed to "TK8 StickyNotes". We will continue with version numbering, however.
One more thing we have changed is the licensing policy. TK8 StickyNotes is still a free software, but only for personal use. For commercial and government use the license key for the Pro edition should be purchased. Free edition has some feature limitations, but should do the work for most people. We do hope that $24.95 for the Pro edition is symbolic for those who really benefit from the software and are saving real time and cash with it. Your money allows us to keep the program alive - add exciting features and provide fast customer support.
We are currently in private beta. If you are interested in trying this wonderful new software please let us know.